By: Claire Cornish
Don’t let his nickname fool you. “Grandpa” is as young at heart today as he was in his puppyhood, and his favorite thing in the world is getting attention from his favorite people.
Grandpa worries a lot because he has been at the shelter for a rather long time, and he fears he is getting overlooked. He is a fun, friendly boy who walks really well on a leash and is practicing catching treats in his mouth, although he still misses quite a few.
He is a Pet Project dog, which means that his food and expenses are covered for life. And this exuberant boy intends to make that life a long one, filled with love.
Grandpa says to Tamarac residents: “Pick me! I’m the perfect best friend!”
His ID# is A2040349. He is currently at the Broward County Animal Care and Adoption, 2400 SW 42nd Street, Fort Lauderdale. Open Tuesday – Sunday 11:00 am – 6:00 pm.
- Claire Cornish is a freelance writer, half marathon runner, and volunteer at Broward County Animal Care & Adoption. She is the proud mom of Callie the Labrador and a proud sister of Simon the Labrador mix.
- News2020.09.22This Puppy Needs a Chance at a New Home and New Life
- News2020.09.14Theo is a Sweet-Tempered Boy Who Will Be Your Best Friend For Life
- News2020.09.07Briefly Fostered, This Lab-Mix is Now Back at the Shelter Waiting for his Forever Family
- News2020.09.01This 11-Year-Old Girl Was Given Up After a Lifetime with her Family