By Kevin Deutsch
Homicide detectives are investigating the discovery of a dead woman found floating in a Tamarac canal Sunday morning.
Someone called 911 shortly after 9 a.m. and reported the body in the canal near the 8100 block of Northwest 59th Place.
BSO Tamarac district deputies, Tamarac Fire Rescue, and the BSO Dive Team responded and recovered the adult female’s body. The cause of death and identification of the body will be determined by the Medical Examiner’s Office, according to BSO.
No additional information was made public by BSO Sunday afternoon.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- Crime & SafetyDecember 8, 2023Search Underway for Missing Tamarac Woman
- NewsDecember 8, 2023Detectives Search For Missing Teen From Tamarac
- NewsDecember 7, 2023“A Difficult Time”: Woodlands Clubhouse in Tamarac Will Be Demolished
- NewsDecember 5, 2023Lauderhill Hosts Dive-In Movie: ‘Jingle All the Way’