By: Sharon Aron Baron
A woman who was walking her dogs in Tamarac was struck by a car while trying to save one who got loose and ran into traffic.
At 6:30 a.m. this morning BSO responded to the scene where moments earlier Marie Stahl, 34, was walking her three dogs along McNab Road just west of University Drive when one them, a Pomeranian, darted into traffic. She attempted to save the dog by stepping into the eastbound lane of traffic but was struck by a vehicle resulting in head and severe leg injuries.
Tamarac Fire Rescue responded to the scene. The victim was airlifted at by the BSO Aviation Unit and transported to Broward General Hospital. Doctors said that Stahl should survive the injuries.
The deceased dog was turned over to Broward County Animal Control. The other two dogs were turned over to friends of Stahl.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.01.19Mayor Gomez Reselected to National League of Cities Fed Advocacy Committee
- News2022.01.14Man Loses 83 Pounds After Bariatric Surgery
- News2022.01.05Pets of the Week: Prince, Mia and Nami Are Looking for Forever Homes
- News2022.01.03Tamarac Offering Environmentally-Friendly Christmas Tree Disposal