By: Sharon Aron Baron
Construction will soon begin at the intersection of Rock Island Road and Commercial Boulevard to replace suspended wire traffic signals with mast arms according to the Florida Department of Transportation.
A contract for $449,999.99 has been awarded to AUM Construction to improve the intersection of Commercial Boulevard at Rock Island Road in Tamarac. But don’t get your hopes up – no new right turn lanes will be created, nor will it help speed up bottle-necked traffic.
Other improvements include constructing all new curb cut ramps to meet ADA standards and replacing existing in-ground loop vehicle detectors with video vehicle detectors
Construction will begin October 19, 2015 and is expected to be completed in early 2016. Work will proceed Monday through Saturday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. and no lane closures will occur during peak hours.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County