By: Sharon Aron Baron
Construction will soon begin at the intersection of Rock Island Road and Commercial Boulevard to replace suspended wire traffic signals with mast arms according to the Florida Department of Transportation.
A contract for $449,999.99 has been awarded to AUM Construction to improve the intersection of Commercial Boulevard at Rock Island Road in Tamarac. But don’t get your hopes up – no new right turn lanes will be created, nor will it help speed up bottle-necked traffic.
Other improvements include constructing all new curb cut ramps to meet ADA standards and replacing existing in-ground loop vehicle detectors with video vehicle detectors
Construction will begin October 19, 2015 and is expected to be completed in early 2016. Work will proceed Monday through Saturday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. and no lane closures will occur during peak hours.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.02.17Broward Sheriff’s Office Holding Open House for Interested Job Applicants Feb 22
- News2020.02.15Clear Space by Safely Disposing Hazardous Waste on February 22
- News2020.02.15Sugar Hill Gang Headlining 3rd Annual One Tamarac Multicultural Festival
- News2020.02.07Tamarac Condo Owners Wake up to Flooding Inside their Homes