By: Sharon Aron Baron
A surveillance video has been released of the final four minutes of a 15 minute air conditioning unit heist in which the two individuals seem to be arguing and trying to figure out a way to get it on the bed of the truck. One of the burglars even hits the other in frustration. You almost wish there was audio to listen in on as the two men try to hoist the unit into the bed of a truck.
Broward Sheriff’s Office detectives are releasing the video of their exhausting caper with clear images of both suspects in hopes of identifying them.
The pair first appears in view of the surveillance camera around 6:06 a.m. September 25. The suspects targeted the air conditioner located behind Benzer Pharmacy at 5431 N. State Road 7 in Tamarac. The two males, believed to be in their mid-20s to early 30s, cut the unit from the wall. Then, the two are seen making numerous attempts to load the air conditioner onto the pickup. They pushed, shoved and tipped the unit. They tried to lift it. They tag-teamed it and made solo attempts at making it budge, often looking tired and frustrated at their lack of success. Finally, after about 15 minutes, they managed to knock over the air conditioning unit and push it onto the bed of the truck.
Both suspects are white males, of thin build and measuring between 5 feet 8 inches and 6 feet in height. One of the men has a goatee and medium-length wavy hair under a beanie. The other, has a crew cut hairstyle and is clean shaven.
Anyone with information about this burglary or the identity of the suspects is asked to contact BSO Detective Joe Sedawie at 954-720-2231. Anonymous tips can be provided to Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or www.browardcrimestoppers.org. A reward of up to $3,000 is available for information leading to an arrest.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.04.18Reported Altercation in Tamarac Leaves 1 Dead
- News2021.04.17Woman Scammed out of $200K on Dating Site in Tamarac Crime Updates
- News2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20
- News2021.04.16No-Appointment Needed Vaccination Sites Offered at 9 Broward County Locations