Don’t miss the 2022 R.I.S.E Business Expo in Tamarac, FL.
By Agrippina Fadel
The sixth annual R.I.S.E Business Expo is geared towards business owners and the public and will have a plethora of information and resources for entrepreneurs.
The RISE Business Expo Chair Sharon Wong Hollis said the networking event is “not to be missed,” whether the participants already have a business or just considering opening one.
Peter Mason, Chamber of Commerce Executive Director, said the annual business expo is a chance for the local companies to come together for a few hours and interact face-to-face.
“It is an occasion to find new business, hear how industries have changed over the years, lay those connections, and gather useful information,” he said, adding that great county-wide resources support the events, and exhibits provide local businesses a chance to promote themselves.
The Expo starts with a paid networking lunch from 1 to 3 p.m. with two keynote speakers, PuroClean President and CEO Steve White and Sam Blatt, economic development policy manager at Amazon, who will share their industry experience.
“They represent major employers in the city. I am sure local business owners and entrepreneurs would want to hear what they have to say,” said Wong Hollis, adding that both companies have a significant presence in Tamarac.
Following the lunch is the free Expo with over 80 showcase exhibitor tables and breakout sessions from 1:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
“Career Source Broward will be promoting their programs at the event. It is an amazing organization that helps people in between jobs and has a lot of programs for businesses as well,” he said, adding that the Expo will have elements of a job fair, with some partners promoting open positions.
The breakout sessions will include talks on financial literacy, access to funds through the SBA Loan Process and retirement fund, and the procurement process of the cities of Tamarac and North Lauderdale, and Broward County.
“We want to thank the city of Tamarac for offering a facility for the expo,” said Mason, adding that the city has been an amazing help and a true partner to the organizers.
Early bird options are available for both Expo Lunch Tickets and Showcase Booths, and guests are encouraged to register soon, as the event will have industry limitations.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.02.08Hot Rods, Robocars, and Rock N’ Roll: Don’t Miss the Annual Car Show and Concert
- News2023.02.07Ticket Alert: Frankie Valli and Four Seasons Tribute Band Plays at the Kings Point Palace
- News2023.02.07Captain Michael Boyhan Named Tamarac Firefighter of the Year
- News2023.02.03Register Now for Annual Kiwanis Golf Tournament in Tamarac