By: Sharon Aron Baron
City Commissioner Patte Atkins-Grad handed in her resignation to city hall on Wednesday afternoon with the stipulation that she will be reimbursed $8,000 before she leaves.
According to Tamarac City Attorney Jacob Horowitz, Atkins-Grad wants to be reimbursed her legal fees and won’t resign until she receives them. The city commission will meet tonight and vote to do so. Paying her the money and having her resign will save the city the cost of two elections.
The public is invited to attend the public portion of the meeting at 6:30-7:00 p.m. Thursday evening after the closed door session.
Resignation letter. Click to make larger
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.04.03Florida COVID-19 Cases City by City Report for April 3
- News2020.04.03Tamarac Mayor Encourages Residents to Send Letters of Appreciation to Those on the Front Line
- News2020.04.02Tamarac Experiences Large Increase of COVID-19 Cases on April 2 City by City Report
- News2020.04.01Detective Searching for Thief Who Stole 2 Huge TV’s From Walmart