By: Sharon Aron Baron
City Commissioner Patte Atkins-Grad handed in her resignation to city hall on Wednesday afternoon with the stipulation that she will be reimbursed $8,000 before leaving.
According to Tamarac City Attorney Jacob Horowitz, Atkins-Grad wants to be reimbursed her legal fees and won’t resign until she receives them. The city commission will meet tonight and vote to do so. Paying her the money and having her resign will save the city the cost of two elections.
The public is invited to attend the public portion of the meeting at 6:30-7:00 p.m. Thursday after the closed-door session.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family