By Kevin Deutsch
A male bicyclist was struck and killed by a hit-and-run driver in Tamarac Monday, authorities said.
Shortly after 10:30 a.m., Broward County Regional Communications received a call reporting a dead person near the 4400 block of Rock Island Road in Tamarac, according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
BSO Tamarac District deputies rushed to the scene and discovered the dead man, who had been riding a bicycle when he became the victim of a hit-and-run killing, according to BSO.
BSO Traffic Homicide detectives on Monday afternoon said they had no information regarding the vehicle that struck him. They are investigating the circumstances surrounding the collision.
Anyone with information is asked to call Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.26Tamarac Crime Update: Carjacking and Drug Overdose
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Man Had Sex With Child, Solicited Explicit Photos
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Crime Update: Burglar Uses Rock to Smash Store Window, Steal Merchandise
- News2022.12.10Tamarac Crime Update: Four Vehicles Stripped of Tires, Rims