By Kevin Deutsch
A male bicyclist was struck and killed by a hit-and-run driver in Tamarac Monday, authorities said.
Shortly after 10:30 a.m., Broward County Regional Communications received a call reporting a dead person near the 4400 block of Rock Island Road in Tamarac, according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
BSO Tamarac District deputies rushed to the scene and discovered the dead man, who had been riding a bicycle when he became the victim of a hit-and-run killing, according to BSO.
BSO Traffic Homicide detectives on Monday afternoon said they had no information regarding the vehicle that struck him. They are investigating the circumstances surrounding the collision.
Anyone with information is asked to call Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.09.23Detectives Search For Video Voyeur in North Lauderdale
- News2022.09.20Tamarac Crime Update: $76K Armed Robbery and Car Burglaries
- News2022.09.18Broward Schools Seek Applicants Amid Nationwide Worker Shortage
- News2022.09.16Detectives Seek to Question Woman in North Lauderdale Grocery Robbery