By Sharon Aron Baron
The holidays are a time for family, friends, and loved ones. But what about the furry friends who have no one to spend the season with? That’s where the Humane Society of Broward County comes in.
Starting Monday, December 19, select pets will be available for holiday sleepovers, giving them a break from the shelter and the chance to be spoiled in a loving home. The sleepovers will last up to two weeks, allowing potential adopters to see how the pet will fit in with their family.
“Sleepovers have been incredibly successful for us,” says Cherie Wachter, VP of Marketing at the Humane Society. “Since we started doing them during the pandemic, more than 30 cats and dogs have found their forever homes.”
There are more than two dozen dogs, cats, and rabbits available for holiday sleepovers, with the exception of puppies and kittens. Several of these pets have been passed over for no apparent reason. Once in a home environment, they relax and want to be part of the family.
If you’re interested in giving a shelter pet a temporary home for the holidays, visit www.humanebroward.com and look for the animals with the special ribbon on their photos starting December 19. Complete the pre-adoption application on the website and then stop by the Humane Society, located at 2070 Griffin Road.
The shelter is open daily at 11 a.m. Call 954-989-3977 ext. 6 with any questions.
Got News in Tamarac, Lauderhill, or North Lauderdale? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.02.023 Brave Deputies Risk Lives to Save Woman in Christmas Eve Canal Rescue
- News2023.02.01Choking Prevention Takes Center Stage: Rep Daley Files Bill Proposed by High School Students
- News2023.01.272 Arrested for Robbery and Shooting in North Lauderdale: Victim Remains in Critical Condition
- News2023.01.26School Choice Application Deadline for 2023/24 Fast Approaching