By Kevin Deutsch
Local voters will be able to get a COVID-19 vaccine when they vote for their new representative in the U.S. Congress.
The Broward County Supervisor of Elections office is launching a “Vote & Vax” program this month for the U.S. District 20 Special Primary Election.
The vaccination push is a partnership between the supervisor’s office, the Florida Department of Health of Broward County, and Broward County Transit.
“Vote and Vax helps boost community vaccination rates by offering voters the opportunity to cast their ballots and then safely and easily get their vaccination nearby,” said Ivan Castro, Voter Engagement and Communications Coordinator for the Broward County Supervisor of Elections.
This service is offered from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., October 23 through October 31, at all early voting sites for the District 20 primary.
-Tamarac Branch Library, 8701 W. Commercial Boulevard, Tamarac.
–African-American Research Library, 2650 Sistrunk Boulevard, Fort Lauderdale.
-Miramar Branch Library, 2050 Civic Center Place, Miramar.
-Lauderhill Mall, 1519 NW 40th Avenue, Lauderhill.
-South Regional Library, 7300 Pines Boulevard, Pembroke Pines.
-E. Pat Larkins Community Center, 520 Martin Luther King Boulevard, Pompano Beach.
Participants in the program will also receive a free month-long bus pass from Broward County Transit.
The special election is being held to fill the vacancy left by the late congressman Alcee Hastings. The district includes Tamarac, Fort Lauderdale, and West Palm Beach.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsDecember 3, 2023Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds 2 Major Chanukah Events
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Lauderhill Toy Giveaway Aims to Spread Holiday Joy
- NewsNovember 28, 2023Lauderhill Hosts Dive-In Movie: ‘Jingle All the Way’
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Virtual Forum Simplifies Tax Mysteries for Residents and Businesses in Lauderhill