By Kevin Deutsch
Broward County Public Schools have recorded 3,212 COVID-19 cases among students and staff as of Oct. 16, up 418 from the 2,794 recorded as of Oct. 6, data show.
Coronavirus infections have been confirmed for at least 2,591 students and 621 school employees, according to the school system’s COVID-19 dashboard. The data show self-reported coronavirus cases for school employees, as well as confirmed cases for students attending in-person instruction, since school began Aug. 18.
Only schools reporting at least one COVID-19 case are shown below. If cases increased since Sept. 16, the difference is included.
Millennium 6-12 Collegiate Academy reported 29 cases, up from 26.
Discovery Elementary School reported 27 cases, up from 22.
Pinewood Elementary School reported four cases.
Tamarac Elementary School reported seven cases, up from four.
Coral Springs schools
Coral Glades High School has reported 62 cases up from 52 on Sept. 27.
J.P. Taravella High School reported eight cases.
Coral Springs High School reported 45 cases, up from 36.
Coral Springs Middle School reported nine cases, up from seven.
Forest Glen Middle School reported seven cases.
Ramblewood Middle School reported 31 cases, up from 20.
Sawgrass Springs Middle School reported 22 cases, up from 19.
Coral Springs Elementary School reported 15 cases, up from eight.
Parkside Elementary School reported five cases.
Riverside Elementary School reported 28 cases, up from 24.
Westchester Elementary School reported 18 cases.
Ramblewood Elementary School reported 24 cases, up from 23.
Country Hills Elementary School reported eight cases, up from five.
Coral Park Elementary School reported seven cases.
Park Springs Elementary School reported 29 cases, up from 23.
Forest Hills Elementary School reported twenty cases.
Eagle Ridge Elementary School reported 12 cases, up from nine.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2021.11.26Tamarac Crime Update: Disturbance on School Grounds After Expulsions
- News2021.11.22Miami-Dade Police Officer Dead After Suicide Attempt in Tamarac
- News2021.11.19Tamarac Crime Update: Assault and Auto Theft
- News2021.11.18Sheila Cherfilus-McCormick Certified as Winner of Democratic Primary