By: Sharon Aron Baron
The Broward Democratic Party held the Grand Opening of their new location tripling their office space in time for the 2016 November presidential election.
“Thanks to Cynthia Busch and the entire Broward DEC team, we have this fantastic new headquarters,” said DNC chair Debbie Wasserman Schultz. “I feel like we’re in the Taj Mahal compared to where we’ve been for a couple of decades.”
The former offices had only 500 square feet said Broward Democratic Executive Committee (DEC) Chair, Cynthia Busch. “We couldn’t function there, and couldn’t have more than three or four people there. We were very limited in what we could accomplish.”
Now located at 8320 West Sunrise Boulevard on the second floor of an office strip center in Plantation, the new location has 1,400 square feet with several offices. Busch said that there is now plenty of room for many people, along with all the phone banking they need to do.
“Starting tomorrow we’re going to have three staff people from the Florida Democratic Party getting ready to organize for the Florida election here.”
Wasserman Schultz told the DEC members and politicians at the event how important the Democratic Party of Broward County was to the entire country and how it would make sure that Broward would carry the Democratic nominee.
“I hope that we make sure that in the next 284 days remaining in Barack Obama’s term, that we do everything that we can to make sure that we replace him with another Democratic nominee who will take the White House so we can continue his legacy.”
To volunteer, or for voting information go to browarddemocrats.org
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.05.18Joey Lanouette Qualifies by Petition for the Tamarac City Commission District 2 Seat
- News2022.05.16Official 2022/23 Broward County Public Schools Color Calendar is Out
- News2022.05.13Tamarac Holds Memorial Day Ceremony Followed By Live Music May 30
- News2022.05.12Former City Attorney Stuart Michelson Qualifies by Petition for Tamarac Commission Seat