By Agrippina Fadel
The City of Tamarac Celebrates Caribbean Heritage Month with a fun day in the pool.
Held at Caporella Aquatic Complex on Saturday, June 25, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., Caribbean Heritage Splash Bash includes music and fun activities for the whole family.
Since 2006, heritage month has been officially observed around the country and honors the achievements and contributions of Caribbean immigrants and their descendants living in the United States.
The vision of the National Caribbean American Heritage Month program is to promote the recognition of the contributions of Caribbean immigrants to the United States of America, from founding father Alexander Hamilton to modern-day politicians, artists, athletes, and activists.
Caporella Aquatic Center is located at 9300 NW 58th St. Party admission is $5 per person.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2022.12.03Church Offers Unique Multi-Sensory Worship Service on Sunday Evenings
- News2022.12.01Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Hosts Chanukah Picnic Dec. 18
- News2022.12.01Chabad of Tamarac Hosts Chanukah Wonderland for Children
- News2022.11.30City of Tamarac Holds Annual ‘Paws With Claus Holiday Paw-ty’ Dec. 10