In an eye-opening article published in the Miami Herald, Academica who manages Doral Academy Preparatory School which is being planned for the Sports Complex in Tamarac, is under scrutiny from the U.S. Department of Education for potential conflicts of interests in its business practices.
From the Miami Herald:
The state’s largest charter school management company has come under scrutiny from the U.S. Department of Education for potential conflicts of interests in its business practices, federal authorities have confirmed.
The Education Department’s Inspector General Office is auditing the South Miami-based Academica Corp. as part of a broader examination of school management companies nationwide. The audit will be complete this summer, department spokeswoman Catherine Grant said.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.04.14North Lauderdale Man Faces Murder Charge For Road Rage Incident
- News2021.04.14Tamarac Commissioner Attempts to Violate First Amendment by Silencing Critics on Social Media
- News2021.04.12Armed Carjacking Leaves One Man Injured, Begging for his Life
- News2021.04.11Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Tamarac, Sunrise, and Coral Springs