By: Sharon Aron Baron
Sometimes the best source of information is from the residents in the know on our Facebook page.
Take for instance our recent posting announcing the grand opening of the new Starbucks location in Lauderhill. There was talk about the old location near Target and Facebook follower Karie Andrade said that a Chipotle was going to move in there.
Well, naturally, my ears perked up.
She even mentioned that they were leasing the space next door for even more room. This sounded very credible.
I love Chipotle and all that they stand for. Besides the fact that their steak burritos are fantastic, their meat and dairy products come from animals that are not genetically modified and they use non-GMO ingredients in everything else.
So I wrote to my friend Lauderhill Mayor Richard Kaplan to see if he could confirm the possible rumor. Immediately (yes he answered me immediately) he forwarded my email to Elijah Wooten who is the Economic Development Manager for the City of Lauderhill because this is serious business here.
Wooten did confirm that Chipotle will be moving in to the location where the Starbucks formerly was. “The restaurant had to wait for Starbucks to relocate before they can began renovations,” he wrote.
Mayor Kaplan said that it was a great location and it will do well there.
This location is good news for Lauderhill and Tamarac residents who will make one less trip to Coral Springs for their beloved burritos – as well as other items they love at Chipotle.
Stay tuned for opening dates for this new place.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.02.23Gov. DeSantis Announces $8 million Incentive to Help Veterans Buy Homes
- Crime & Safety2020.02.23Tamarac Crime Update: Latest Incidents Through February 18
- Crime & Safety2020.02.19Vehicle Strikes Pole, Leaving One Dead in Tamarac
- Crime & Safety2020.02.18Burglar Uses Ploy Before Smashing His Way into Neighbor’s Home