By: Sharon Aron Baron
Residents have a chance to find out what’s going on in the City and in their community during the annual Neighborhood Meeting coming up on April 15.
Each year representatives from the City along with a City Commissioner travels into the community for the annual meetings which gives residents a chance to ask city staff member’s questions.
The agenda consists of an update on projects in your district, upcoming events, and an interactive Q & A session on topics of their choice. Each district meeting has a host location, but everyone is invited.
Mark your calendars for these dates. The City sends postcards out prior to each meeting date, so keep an eye out for the mail. The District 1 meeting has already passed. The following are the next scheduled meetings:
District Two runs along the southern portion of Tamarac all the way to the Sawgrass Expressway North to McNab and is represented by Commissioner Michelle Gomez. This meeting will take place on Wednesday, April 15 6:30 p.m. at Millennium Middle School at 5803 NW 94th Ave Tamarac FL 33319
District Three mostly comprises of Kingsport and several communities near Southgate and is represented by Commissioner Diane Glasser. The meeting will take place on Thursday, April 30 6:30 p.m. at the Westwood 24 Clubhouse at 8207 NW 107 Ave Tamarac FL 33321.
District Four covers mostly Woodmont and Heathgate/Sunflower area and is represented by Commissioner Debra Placko. The meeting will be held on Wednesday, April 226:30 p.m. at the Tamarac Community Center at 8601 W Commercial Blvd Tamarac FL 33321.
Not sure which district you live in? Check out this district map here.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2020.11.2910 Auto Burglaries Reported in Tamarac in this Week’s Crime Update
- News2020.11.28Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste December 5
- News2020.11.28Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.25Tamarac History: Former U.S. Congressman Once Made his Home in the Woodlands Country Club