By: Sharon Aron Baron
With the number of Coronavirus (COVID-19) cases surging in South Florida, the City of Tamarac is advising everyone to stay home to stop community spread.
City Building Closures
All City buildings and facilities are closed to the public until further notice. For assistance, contact the department directly during regular business hours via phone or email. A complete list of departments and contact information is available at Tamarac.org/ContactUs.
Customer Service and Utilities
Customers can make payments and establish or disconnect water service by calling 954-597-3590. Customers can also pay utility bills online at Tamarac.org/CustomerService or drop payments off in one of the City’s drop box locations.
- City Hall parking lot, 7525 NW 88th Ave.
- Tamarac Community Center parking lot, 8601 W. Commercial Blvd., in the back of the building
- The City’s Water Treatment Plant parking lot, 7803 NW 61st St.
Homeowners and contractors can visit the Building Department’s website at Tamarac.org/Building to use the online ePermit system to submit permits online, view plan review comments, pay permit fees, and schedule inspections whenever possible. They can also reach the department at 954-597-3420 during regular business hours, or email Permit@Tamarac.org.
Parks and Recreation
The parks and recreational facilities are now closed, including the golf course at Colony West. Special events, the Farmer’s Market, organized sports leagues and recreational programming are canceled or postponed until further notice.
Tamarac is offering free virtual fitness classes. Participants must download the Zoom app or visit Zoom.us and enter the information below for the class of their choice 10 minutes before the start time. Instructors can’t authorize participants once classes begin.
- Zumba classes on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings from 9:30 – 10:30 am. Enter Meeting ID, 402-780-1889. Password, zumbalove.
- Yogaletes classes on Saturday mornings at 9 am. Enter Meeting ID: 413-083-794. No password required.
- Zumba classes on Saturday mornings at 10:30 am (scheduled through May 2). Enter meeting ID: 361 782 315. No password required.
- Zumba Kids classes on Wednesdays, 4 – 4:45 pm. Enter meeting ID, 402-780-1889. Password: zumbalove.
- Starting April 6, Strength and Stretch classes on Mondays, 5:30 – 6:30 pm. Enter the meeting ID: 952-568-678. No password required.
Fares have been suspended on community buses and reduced operational hours until further notice.
- The Red Route is operating Monday, Wednesday and Friday, from 7 am – 4 pm
- The Red Extension Route is running on Thursdays, 9 am – 1 pm
Restaurants, Food and Alcohol Sales
All restaurants and other foodservice establishments have been ordered to cease all on-premise services. However, many restaurants remain open for takeout and delivery. For a full list, visit Tamarac.org/Food.
Garbage, Recycling and Bulk Services
Waste Management continues to pick up garbage, recycling, and bulk waste as scheduled. Regular restrictions on bulk waste apply. (Three cubic yards per week, loose items such as lumber and tree limbs need to be cut/tied/bundled, so they are not longer than four feet and not heavier than 50 pounds.
Contractors – including but not limited to a landscaper, tree trimmer, home remodeler, etc. are responsible for removing and properly disposing of any material they generate) Visit Tamarac.org/SolidWaste for more information.
City Water and Wastewater Services
The City’s water and wastewater services are not affected by the Coronavirus outbreak and will continue without interruption.
All meetings of City boards, including advisory boards and committees, have been postponed.
- All Special Magistrate, Code Enforcement, Abatement, and Red Light Camera hearings are postponed
- Any other meetings conducted or held on City property are postponed
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.05.11Next Free Food Distribution Dates In Tamarac, Sunrise, and Coral Springs
- News2021.05.11Bolton Blames Mayor, City Manager, After His Spending Items Are Leaked to Press
- News2021.05.07Investigation Into Public Records Media Leak May Cost Tamarac Taxpayers up to $50,000
- News2021.05.06Broward County Votes to Change the Woodlands Golf Greens into Homes