By Agrippina Fadel
The opening day for the brand-new Culver’s in Tamarac might be months away, but the wait will be well worth it.
Eric Pierce, the owner of Medalist Restaurant Group LLC., got the city approval for the special exception, zoning variance applications, and the site plan and plan on breaking ground on the 4,550 square feet fast-casual restaurant on April 1.
He said if everything goes according to the plan, the new Culver’s at 8251 W. Commercial Blvd. will open its doors for Labor Day.
“The city embraced us and the brand. We are excited to build a second Broward county location and expect it to be very successful,” he added.
Only eight miles from the franchise’s Margate location, Pierce said that while the towns might be similar, the company is looking forward to serving the busy Commercial Boulevard corridor.
“We are a family-oriented business, and the new restaurant will be a good fit for the Tamarac community,” he said.
Open from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day for lunch and dinner, the restaurant will have a double drive-through lane and a full dining room, seating 104 inside and 24 on the outside patio area.
“Culver’s claim to fame is it butter burgers and fresh frozen custard, and don’t get me wrong, the locals love it, but we have lots of other items, so it is not just burgers and fries,” Pierce said, adding that the restaurant serves a great fish sandwich and shrimp entrees, Reubens, and salads.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.03.28Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Prepares for Annual Passover Seder
- News2023.03.28Tamarac Holds Springfest and Egg Hunt
- News2023.03.28Ticket Alert: Letraia Savage brings her Divas of Soul Show to Kings Point Palace
- News2023.03.27Local Poet Rebecca Vaughns Hosts Tamarac’s First Annual Spoken Word Competition