By Agrippina Fadel
National fast-food burger chain Culver’s is getting ready to open a store in Tamarac but needs to get a few approvals from the city first.
The city’s Planning Board will discuss approving special exception and zoning variance applications and the site plan for the restaurant’s location at 8251 W. Commercial Blvd. at the Wed. Jan. 4 meeting.
The site plan proposes the development of 4,550 square feet fast-casual dining facility with dual drive-through lanes and related infrastructure.
Medalist Restaurant Group LLC., the company behind the development, purchased the vacant parcel next to Comfort Suites Sawgrass in 2021.
With 93 locations in Florida, Culver’s is known for its signature ButterBurgers, and frozen custard shakes. The franchise already has a store in Margate and is planning to open another one in Cooper City.
Once the Planning Board approves, the restaurant will have to present its zoning applications and the site plan to the city commission.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.05.24Shape the Future of Tamarac: Give Your Vision a Voice at Upcoming Workshops
- News2023.05.24Honoring Heroes: Join the Memorial Day Ceremony in Tamarac
- News2023.05.23Expand Your Network and Seize Opportunities at 2 Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber Events
- News2023.05.23Ticket Alert: Nostalgia Rewind with Paisley Craze’s Swinging 60s Revival