By Agrippina Fadel
National fast-food burger chain Culver’s is getting ready to open a store in Tamarac but needs to get a few approvals from the city first.
The city’s Planning Board will discuss approving special exception and zoning variance applications and the site plan for the restaurant’s location at 8251 W. Commercial Blvd. at the Wed. Jan. 4 meeting.
The site plan proposes the development of 4,550 square feet fast-casual dining facility with dual drive-through lanes and related infrastructure.
Medalist Restaurant Group LLC., the company behind the development, purchased the vacant parcel next to Comfort Suites Sawgrass in 2021.
With 93 locations in Florida, Culver’s is known for its signature ButterBurgers, and frozen custard shakes. The franchise already has a store in Margate and is planning to open another one in Cooper City.
Once the Planning Board approves, the restaurant will have to present its zoning applications and the site plan to the city commission.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.02.02Tamarac Resident Plans to Run Against Marlon Bolton; Calls for Ethical Leadership
- News2023.01.31City Commission Postpones Federal Aid to Tamarac Homeless, Domestic Violence Victims, and Rent-Stressed Residents
- News2023.01.31Culver’s Announces Tentative Opening Date in Tamarac
- News2023.01.30Ticket Alert: Comedian Sarge Brings His Hilarious Show to Tamarac