By Agrippina Fadel
National fast-food burger chain Culver’s is getting ready to open a store in Tamarac but needs to get a few approvals from the city first.
The city’s Planning Board will discuss approving special exception and zoning variance applications and the site plan for the restaurant’s location at 8251 W. Commercial Blvd. at the Wed. Jan. 4 meeting.
The site plan proposes the development of 4,550 square feet fast-casual dining facility with dual drive-through lanes and related infrastructure.
Medalist Restaurant Group LLC., the company behind the development, purchased the vacant parcel next to Comfort Suites Sawgrass in 2021.
With 93 locations in Florida, Culver’s is known for its signature ButterBurgers, and frozen custard shakes. The franchise already has a store in Margate and is planning to open another one in Cooper City.
Once the Planning Board approves, the restaurant will have to present its zoning applications and the site plan to the city commission.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Catch Comedian Bobby Collins with Special Guest Shelley Keelor at Kings Point Palace
- NewsFebruary 13, 2024Broward County Animal Care Holds ‘Stinky Ex’ Fundraiser for Valentine’s Day
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Ticket Alert: Rock On to Meat Loaf Tribute at Kings Point Palace
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Peter Lemongello Jr. Performs at Kings Point Palace Sunday Matinee