By Jill Fox
Last October, Coral Springs Talk reported the national fast-food burger chain Culver’s was heading to South Florida. Now, Tamarac may be home to the midwest favorite, known for its butter burgers and fresh frozen custard.
On Wednesday, the commission votes on selling .67 acres of city-owned land to the rapidly expanding Culver’s restaurant.
Purchased in 2010 for $150,000, the vacant parcel at 8301 West Commercial Blvd, next to the Comfort Suites Sawgrass, will be sold to Medalist Restaurant Group LLC. for $550,000 if the commission approves.
“The main thing about Culver’s is that every meal is cooked to order,” said Margate owner/operator Eric Pierce in an interview last August. “The fries are hot; the burgers are fresh — things like that make all the difference.”
Culver’s originated in Wisconsin in 1984. Currently, there are nine Culver’s in Florida and 600 locations in the United States.
“If you’re from the Midwest, you knew about Culver’s,” said Pierce. “They’ve been around for 35 years.”
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2021.10.13Register for the Annual Drive-Thru Pumpkin Patch Lane at Broward Health Coral Springs
- News2021.09.09Hunt For Clues And Win Prizes With ‘Flavors of Tamarac’
- News2021.09.02City of Tamarac Commemorates September 11 With ‘Honk For A Hero’
- News2021.08.30Find out How to Join a Girl Scout Troop At Free Event Sept. 5