By Jill Fox
Last October, Coral Springs Talk reported the national fast-food burger chain Culver’s was heading to South Florida. Now, Tamarac may be home to the midwest favorite, known for its butter burgers and fresh frozen custard.
On Wednesday, the commission votes on selling .67 acres of city-owned land to the rapidly expanding Culver’s restaurant.
Purchased in 2010 for $150,000, the vacant parcel at 8301 West Commercial Blvd, next to the Comfort Suites Sawgrass, will be sold to Medalist Restaurant Group LLC. for $550,000 if the commission approves.
The location in Tamarac joins another under construction in Cooper City, making them the second and third locations for Culver’s in Broward County. The first opened in Margate in March 2020.
“The main thing about Culver’s is that every meal is cooked to order,” said Margate owner/operator Eric Pierce in an interview last August. “The fries are hot; the burgers are fresh — things like that make all the difference.”
Culver’s originated in Wisconsin in 1984. Currently, there are nine Culver’s in Florida and 600 locations in the United States.
“If you’re from the Midwest, you knew about Culver’s,” said Pierce. “They’ve been around for 35 years.”
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Jill Fox is an Emmy Award-winning writer and producer. She has worked in public relations and television for over 20 years. Fox lives in Parkland with her husband and their two children.
- News2022.05.19Stop Stalling! Register for this Summer’s “Mane” Event at Spitfire Farm
- News2022.05.09Forget the Heat; Dolphins Football Camp Moves Indoors For The Summer
- News2022.05.02Stop Stalling! Register for this Summer’s “Mane” Event at Spitfire Farm
- News2022.05.01Forget the Heat; Dolphins Football Camp Moves Indoors For The Summer