By Kevin Deutsch
A man was killed when an altercation between two drivers escalated into a fatal shooting in Tamarac Wednesday morning, the Broward Sheriff’s Office said.
The adult male gunshot victim was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where he later died, deputies said. His name was not immediately made public.
Detectives are questioning the other party involved in the case, according to BSO.
Violent Crimes detectives initially responded to the crime scene in the 8600 block of West Commercial Boulevard, after authorities received a call about the shooting around 9:44 a.m., deputies said.
The BSO Homicide Unit is now investigating the case.
The westbound lanes of Commercial Boulevard were closed between Northwest 82nd Avenue and North Pine Island Road Wednesday afternoon while deputies investigated.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2023.05.13‘Kill Them One by One’: Man Pleads Guilty to Threatening Election Workers
- News2023.05.12Caught on Camera: Help Solve a Murder Mystery in North Lauderdale
- News2023.05.11Hot ‘Nugget’ Controversy: McDonald’s Faces Lawsuit Over ‘McScalding’ Incident
- News2022.12.26Tamarac Crime Update: Carjacking and Drug Overdose