By Kevin Deutsch
A man was killed when an altercation between two drivers escalated into a fatal shooting in Tamarac Wednesday morning, the Broward Sheriff’s Office said.
The adult male gunshot victim was airlifted to a nearby hospital, where he later died, deputies said. His name was not immediately made public.
Detectives are questioning the other party involved in the case, according to BSO.
Violent Crimes detectives initially responded to the crime scene in the 8600 block of West Commercial Boulevard, after authorities received a call about the shooting around 9:44 a.m., deputies said.
The BSO Homicide Unit is now investigating the case.
The westbound lanes of Commercial Boulevard were closed between Northwest 82nd Avenue and North Pine Island Road Wednesday afternoon while deputies investigated.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Lauderhill Toy Giveaway Aims to Spread Holiday Joy
- NewsNovember 28, 2023Lauderhill Hosts Dive-In Movie: ‘Jingle All the Way’
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Virtual Forum Simplifies Tax Mysteries for Residents and Businesses in Lauderhill
- NewsNovember 26, 2023Free Jazz Event Heads to Lauderhill