By: Sharon Aron Baron
A man has succumbed to his injuries after being struck by a vehicle last month in Tamarac.
Broward Sheriff’s Office traffic homicide detectives are searching for the driver who struck Barry Howard, 69, and fled the scene.
On the morning of October 21, Howard was walking near his home on Lombardy Drive around the intersection of Nob Hill Road and Northwest 80th Street when a car hit him. The driver did not stop to help Howard, who was seriously injured, but alert and responsive.
Howard was hospitalized for his injuries and died on Nov. 17.
The traffic homicide investigation is ongoing.
Anyone with information can contact Detective Sean Williams at 954-321-4840. If you wish to remain anonymous, contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. Anonymous tips that lead to an arrest are eligible for a reward of up to $3,000.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.05.285 Tamarac Seniors Graduate from Calvary Christian Academy During ‘Drive-in’ Ceremony
- News2020.05.28BSO Investigates Multi-Vehicle Crash in Tamarac
- News2020.05.27COVID-19 Cases in Tamarac from the Florida Department of Health May 27
- News2020.05.26Burglary and Battery in the Forefront in May 15 Crime Update for Tamarac