UPDATE: He has been safely located.
By Kevin Deutsch
Authorities are asking for the public’s help in finding a missing 76-year-old man from Tamarac.
According to investigators with the Broward Sheriff’s Office Missing Persons Unit, Garth Dickson was seen around 9 a.m. on Saturday, July 15, near the 8100 block of Northwest 107th Avenue in Tamarac.
About two hours later, around 11 a.m., he is believed to have exited a transit bus in Miami Gardens near the intersection of State Road 7 and Northwest 199th Street, investigators said.
Detectives said Dickson is partially blind and uses a walker. He may still be in Miami Gardens, according to the sheriff’s office.
Dickson is 6 feet-1, weighs about 150 pounds, and has black hair and brown eyes. He was last seen wearing a blue shirt, blue shorts, and a blue hat.
Anyone with information on Dickson’s whereabouts is asked to call BSO Detective Chris Blakenship at 954-321-4268 or the BSO non-emergency number 954-764- HELP (4357).
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsJuly 18, 2023Detectives Search for Serial Thief who Struck 4 Times at North Lauderdale Walmart
- NewsJuly 16, 2023Detectives Search for Missing Tamarac Man
- NewsJuly 5, 2023Lauderhill Boy Suffers Facial Burns, Partial Amputation of Fingers in Fireworks Accident
- NewsJune 30, 2023North Lauderdale Woman Struck by SUV Dies