Video shot and edited by Andrew John Burks with Model Martianne Preston.
By: Sharon Aron Baron
This year’s three day Our Town America will feature a host of events geared towards family fun. Beginning Friday, March 10, it will feature live entertainment, a food court, amusements, arts and crafts, merchant booths, a classic car show and games.
Held in Coral Springs, Our Town America began in the late 70’s at Mullins Park before moving to Sportsplex. The event is also known for its “Miss OurTownAmerica” Beauty Pageant.
Giving back to the community has made the event very meaningful for the community said Board Chairman Ernie Kubasek. “Our Town America has one mission in mind: to provide a quality family event for our tri-county community while providing financial assistance to needy non-profit organizations.”
Running through Sunday, many residents from Tamarac, Sunrise, Margate and Parkland come for the rides. From the spectacular “Giant Gondola Wheel” to the daring “Gravitron” and the “Kamikaze.” There’s also rides for the younger crowd such as “Dino the Dinosaur”, the “Dizzy Dragon”, and the classic “Merry-Go-Round”.
Entrance to the event is free. All-day wrist bands are $25. Parking is $5. Our Town America is only ope for three days:
Friday March 10 5 p.m. – 11 p.m
Saturday March 11 9 a.m – 11 p.m
Sunday March 12 11 a.m – 6 p.m
The Sportsplex in Coral Springs is located at 2575 Sportsplex Drive.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.06.17Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older
- News2021.06.12University Hospital begins using 3rd Robotic System for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- News2021.06.12Renaissance Charter School in Tamarac Completes Recycle Challenge
- News2021.06.10Tamarac Needs You To Run For Office in 2022