By: Sharon Aron Baron
Deerfield Beach activist, Atheist and blogger Chaz Stevens, who drove over 400 miles to Tallahassee to place his Festivus pole at the State Capital on Wednesday, was featured in a segment on the Colbert Report last night on Comedy Central.
The story, now featured in over 200 media outlets, began after Stevens heard about a group installing a manger display in the State Capitol as well as another group intending to add the Three Wise Men. It was then that Stevens felt that his Festivus pole rightfully deserved a place there as well.
“I figured one ridiculous act required another,” said Stevens.
The Festivus pole will be on display at the Capital rotunda until January 3. After that time, Stevens will auction the pole on Ebay and donate the proceeds to “Women in Distress” charity.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.06.08Celebrating Excellence: Meet Our Local Valedictorians and Salutatorians for 2023
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County