By: Sharon Aron Baron
If you don’t feel like cooking on Wednesday evenings, but want something way more delicious than take-out, then come by the Food Truck Collective event on Wednesday evening and try some gourmet food on wheels.
Every week, a regular parade of trucks, with many new ones added, will be sure to please fussy palates, as well as fussy eaters in your family.
“We have a couple new trucks lately,” said Omayra Stylianoudakis, Event Producer with the Food Truck Collective. “We have a new barbecue truck that has smoked ribs and brisket as well as a new crêpe truck.”
The crêpe truck has two LED Eiffel towers that the owner sets up on top of the truck and Stylianoudakis says he creates crêpes made to order with any fresh ingredients. His specialty is Nutella and strawberry banana crêpes for dessert.
There are also activities for the children at each event. Last week, they had a Jenga tournament which went on until 9 pm. The two finalists were each rewarded with cupcakes from one of the vendors. This week, they will have a bounce house and another giant Jenga tournament.
The Food Truck Collective Event is held every Wednesday from 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm. in Tamarac Park at the Recreational Center at 7501 North University Drive where the overpass/walkway is. Plenty of parking. Some vendors accept debit cards, however, its good to have cash.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.11.17Broward County Public Schools Choice Application Window Opens December 2
- News2019.11.12Reserve Your Space for a Delicious Vegan “ThanksLiving” Dinner in Tamarac
- News2019.11.10Register Now to be Part of Tamarac University’s Class of 2020
- News2019.11.05City of Tamarac Holds Veterans Day Event November 11