Hungry residents take note: on Wednesday evenings, the Tamarac Parks and Recreation Department along with The Food Truck Collective will be rolling the food trucks into Tamarac Park, and this may be your new go-to place to dine.
The Food Truck Collective was so popular during the 50th Anniversary events and concerts said Linda Probert Assistant Director of Parks and Recreation that they saw the potential in having a weekly event here in Tamarac. On Wednesday, families from both Tamarac and even Coral Springs came out and enjoyed the specialty items gourmet food trucks prepared: Mexican food, philly cheesesteak sandwiches, pizza, hot wings, gourmet desserts and so much more. The food is freshly cooked inside the trucks while you wait and the portions are large.
There were some chairs provided, but many residents brought their own. Music was provided as well as a bounce house for the children.
Event Producer for The Food Truck Collective, Omayra Stylianoudakis had been looking for another location to host the food trucks and felt Tamarac would be a perfect place. “I think it went pretty well,” she said. “A lot of people were happy.” She said that each week they will rotate the food trucks to keep the selection interesting as well as make it fair for all of the trucks. They will also offer entertainment for the children each week. Next week, she said they will have a host overseeing the “Carnival of Fitness” which have different stations where the kids play games that are active, but fun.
The Food Truck Collective has a one year contract with the city. The city, in turn, makes a small amount of money from the event each month. Said Probert, “It’s an opportunity to attract the people to experience what we have to offer in the City of Tamarac.”
The Food Truck Collective Event is being held every Wednesday from 5:00 pm – 9:00 pm. in Tamarac Park at the Recreational Center at 7501 North University Drive where the overpass/walkway is. Plenty of parking. Some vendors accept debit cards, however, its good to have cash.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.21Tamarac Resident Warns Neighbors After Coyote Sighting
- News2021.09.20Reserve Your Space at Tamarac’s City-Wide Garage Sale
- News2021.09.19Register Now for the Annual Tamarac Chamber Bowling 4 Business Event
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’