By: Sharon Aron Baron
Permanent legal residents who would like to become U.S. Citizens can get free legal advice in a clinic being held in Tamarac.
On Saturday, May 26, 2018, the Florida Immigrant Coalition and Florida New Americans present a free citizen clinic hosted by Tamarac Commissioner Marlon Bolton. The clinic will give permanent legal residents free legal expertise along with help applying for fee waivers.
At the clinic held at the Broward Teacher’s Union, volunteer immigration attorneys will be available for legal screenings to assist those who would like to become citizens. There will also be a “Know Your Rights” presentation to educate residents on their legal rights.
“The lack of information, a complex process, and the lack of money is preventing our residents from applying for citizenship,” said Bolton. “I needed to take action so they have a greater voice in our community.”
Applicants interested in attending can start their application here.
The free citizen clinic will be held May 26 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Broward Teachers Union 6000 N University Dr., Tamarac, Fl 33321.
More information regarding citizenship requirements, eligibility and their constitutional rights when in contact with law enforcement or border patrol should call the FLIC hotline in Spanish, English, and Creole: 1-888-600-5762.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications