By Selene Raj
As November arrives and families prepare for a tougher than usual holiday season, given the devastating financial impact of Covid-19, Feeding South Florida and local organizations offer free food distributions in Tamarac to ease the burden.
The distributions, which began at the onset of the pandemic’s surge in Florida, have continued throughout– and as cases and deaths begin to rise once again, they are still a vital resource for families in need.
The next scheduled distribution in the city is on Monday, November 2, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m., at Community Christian Church, located at 10001 W Commercial Boulevard. They will also hold one on Monday, November 23, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Christian Life Center, located at 2699 W Commercial Boulevard, will be hosting two distributions, one on Wednesday, November 11, from 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. and one on Wednesday, November 18, 9:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Additionally, weekly distributions will be held by Korean United Methodist Church, located at 6501 W Commercial Boulevard, on Saturdays, from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
For additional information and distribution sites outside of Tamarac, visit their website.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Selene Raj is a writer and a Florida International University graduate. Born in Trinidad and raised in America, she completed her Master's in Mass Communications in 2020, and has been living in Coral Springs since 2004. She is passionate about the communities she lives and works in and loves reporting and sharing stories that are as complex and meaningful as the people who live in them.
- News2021.08.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests
- News2021.03.16Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac Holds Events You Can’t Passover
- News2021.03.02The Broward Sheriff’s Office Makes Personal Bunny Visits in Tamarac
- News2021.02.25Nonprofit Teams Up with City to Provide Free Hearing Tests