By: Sharon Aron Baron
The J.P. Taravella Band and Orchestra Program has been invited to play in the London New Year’s Day Parade, and band members are working hard to raise money so that they can afford to send all 200 members on the trip.
On December 7, they will be holding a Holiday Bazaar and they are asking anyone who would like to rent a space to sell their items to contact them. Spaces are only $35 for one or $45 for two and all proceeds help fund the trip.
The Taravella Marching Band isn’t a stranger to traveling to places like London either. They have performed before in Europe where they have visited countries such as Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland and France. The band has also performed at the 2005 London New Year’s Day Parade and at the Inaugural Parade for President Obama in 2008.
On Monday, November 11, residents will have a chance to hear the band at the Tamarac Veterans Day Service at 10:30 a.m. at Veterans Memorial Park. The band will also march in the annual holiday parade in Coral Springs as well.
The Holiday Bazaar will be on Saturday, December 7, from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Taravella football field located at 10600 Riverside Drive, Coral Springs. It will be open to the public and admission will be free. They will have various local vendors, raffles, an auction and live music.
For information on the Holiday Bazaar, please contact: Denise Regolizio firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2020.11.2910 Auto Burglaries Reported in Tamarac in this Week’s Crime Update
- News2020.11.28Clear Space by Safety Disposing Hazardous Waste December 5
- News2020.11.28Broward County Public Schools Awarded Grants to Broaden Participation in Computer Science
- News2020.11.25Tamarac History: Former U.S. Congressman Once Made his Home in the Woodlands Country Club