By Kevin Deutsch
Traffic homicide detectives are investigating a hit-and-run crash that left a bicyclist severely injured in Tamarac, according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
The collision happened around 6:55 a.m. Friday, when a silver Nissan Pathfinder SUV traveling eastbound on West Commercial Boulevard struck the bicyclist, traveling west in the designated eastbound bicycle lane, deputies said.
The driver fled the scene, according to BSO.
When deputies arrived, they found a bicyclist lying injured in the roadway. He was rushed to a nearby hospital with serious but not life-threatening injuries.
The Pathfinder’s model year is between 2013 and 2019, investigators believe.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS or online at browardcrimestoppers.org.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.26Tamarac Crime Update: Carjacking and Drug Overdose
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Man Had Sex With Child, Solicited Explicit Photos
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Crime Update: Burglar Uses Rock to Smash Store Window, Steal Merchandise
- News2022.12.10Tamarac Crime Update: Four Vehicles Stripped of Tires, Rims