By: Sharon Aron Baron
If you’ve considered adopting a pet, but have been a beach bum about it, now may be the perfect time to add a new family member at the Broward County Humane Society’s Summer Splash Adoption event.
Adopt any pet six months and older and their adoption fee is half price – that’s a $50 savings on dog adoptions and $15 savings on cat adoptions. Select pets will be featured “Beach Babes” with their
adoption fees waived, and they will come with a beach bucket of goodies.
If you aren’t ready to adopt, stop by and enjoy some treats from Monster Cone food truck that serves up slushes, smoothies and incredible ice cream, or browse for pet supplies at the gift shop.
The fun takes place on Saturday, June 10 10:30 a.m. – 6:30 p.m. and Sunday, June 11 10:30 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
When you adopt from the Humane Society of Broward County all pets are spayed or neutered. In addition they receive preliminary vaccinations, a microchip, 10 day limited health care plan from VCA Animal Hospitals, de-worming, treatment for fleas and ticks, feline leukemia test for cats, heartworm test for dogs seven months and older, 30 days of Trupanion pet insurance and a bag of Purina ONE pet food.
The Humane Society Broward County is located at 2070 Griffin Road, just a block west of I-95. Find out more at www.humanebroward.com or call 954-989-3977. Directions from Tamarac: Map
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.01.18Chabad of Coral Springs Holds Food Distribution on Tuesday
- News2021.01.18Tamarac Crime and Arrest Update Through January 11
- News2021.01.15Taddeo and Daley Re-File Legislation to Repeal Unconstitutional Gun Regulation Restriction on Local Governments
- News2021.01.12Man Faces Murder Charges After Setting Girlfriend on Fire