By: Matt Rothman
The J.P. Taravella boys basketball team enjoyed a successful holiday break, winning three consecutive games and moving to 9-5.
The Trojans started strong with a 63-46 victory over Saint John Paul II Academy, led by Vincent Lancifort’s 24 points and Jordan Pratt’s 15 points.
They followed that up with a tight 56-52 win over Olympic Heights, with Pratt scoring a game-high 23 points.
In the Championship game, the Trojans secured a 60-48 victory over Leonard High School, thanks to a team-high 18 points from Sam Smith.
Grayson Samuel also had a strong outing, averaging 10 points per game.
“It’s huge for this team,” said Head Coach Eric Kapel” With all our seniors to finally learn what it is like to win. The light bulb turned on for us a couple of games ago, and now we are playing really good basketball.
The Trojans will look to continue their winning ways when they travel to Orlando on Thursday to take on West Oaks Academy.
The opposition comes in with a 6-4 record but has lost four of their last five games. J.P. Taravella will aim to take advantage and come away with a victory in this highly anticipated matchup.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student.
- News2023.05.304 TS Aquatics Swimmers Make College Choice: Set to Host Summer Camp
- News2023.05.239 J.P. Taravella Track and Field Athletes Reach Podium at States
- News2023.05.16J.P. Taravella Baseball and Track and Field Make Runs in Regionals
- News2023.05.16J.P. Taravella Soccer Star Zachary Zub Makes College Pick