By: Matt Rothman
On Monday, the J.P. Taravella boys bowling team was crowned District Champions for the second straight season.
They also had the individual winner, Braiden Meyers, who recorded a three-round score of 726. Zachery Kimbrell finished second on the team with 657 total pins, followed by Bryce Collins, Nick Bulzomi, and Jeremy Smith for a team score of 3,152, while the rest of the teams consisted of Rey Maharaj and Chyanne Walker.
“The team bowls with the desire to win, and they practice hard and never give up,” Head Coach Greg Mason said.
The Trojans recently honored both Smith and Kimbrell during their Senior Night match and have won over 50 matches this season. They also have won the last three City Championships and will play in the State Championship on October 31 – November 2 at Boardwalk Bowl in Orlando.
- Matt Rothman is a 2018 graduate from Florida Gulf Coast University receiving his bachelor’s degree in journalism and then graduated from the University of Florida as a graduate student. He also works for the Mohave Valley Daily News in Bullhead City, Arizona covering high school sports.
- NewsDecember 4, 2023J.P. Taravella Basketball Teams Highlight Week of Success With 1st Win
- NewsNovember 19, 2023TS Aquatics Swimmers Shine in Postseason Competitions
- NewsNovember 18, 2023Tawannah McLemore Leads The Way For J.P. Taravella Swim Team in State Championship
- NewsNovember 9, 20233 J.P. Taravella Baseball Players Officially Sign Letter of Intent