By: Sharon Aron Baron
The City of Lauderhill invites all Tamarac residents to their ninth season of Jazz Picnic in the Park where award-winning pianist Heather Pierson is set to perform.
Besides playing the piano, Pierson is a multi-genre singer/songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, arranger, bandleader, and performer. From New Orleans-style jazz and blues to rousing Americana and poignant folk narratives, Heather’s live performances, both solo and with her acoustic trio (Davy Sturtevant on strings/cornet and Shawn Nadeau on bass) move seamlessly and effortlessly from one style to the next, and a growing catalog of wildly divergent CD releases reflects her boundless creativity.
The trio released their first EP, Still She Will Fly, in 2015 and its title track was the number two single on the Folk radio charts last year. The group is currently wrapping up work on their first full-length record, set to release in early 2017. Follow her on Facebook here: HeatherPiersonMusic.
This free concert will be held on January 8, 2017, from 10:30 am to 2:30 pm., at the Amphitheater in the Ilene Lieberman Botanical Gardens, 3801 Inverrary Blvd., Lauderhill. Don’t forget to bring your chairs, blankets, and picnic baskets. Map it.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County
- News2023.05.24Meet Gretel and Sissy, 2 Sweethearts Searching for Forever Homes
- News2023.05.07Unleash a Summer of Fun with the South Florida Adventure Pass: 4 Attractions, 1 Low Price