By Agrippina Fadel
Don’t miss an opportunity to play golf for a good cause at the Kiwanis Club of Tamarac Annual Golf Tournament.
Held at the Woodmont Country Club on Friday, February 24, the tournament offers different sponsorship levels and tickets. An individual golfer can join for $150, and a group of four can golf for $520. Residents can also participate in the dinner only for $40 or become a t-shirt sponsor for $100.
On the tournament day, registration starts at 11.30 a.m., followed by a 1 p.m. shotgun start and awards and buffet dinner at 5.30 p.m.
Wayne Linton, President of the Kiwanis Club of Tamarac, said all proceeds from the golf tournament would benefit the Kiwanis Tamarac Foundation Scholarship Fund, which supports local high school students who demonstrate a passion for serving others through Key Clubs. To date, 18 students have benefited from the program.
“Our Annual Golf Tournament started in 2017 and skipped 2020 and 2021 due to the pandemic. We started out with 60 golfers in 2017, and last year we had 92 golfers coming to support us,” Linton added.
He said tournament registration includes tournament play, a player gift bag, snacks and beverages on the course, and a buffet dinner. The players can participate in Hole in One and Longest Drive contests, and organizers will give out trophies to first, second, and third-place teams.
Linton added that Tamarac Fire Department traditionally helps host a ball drop 50/50 raffle. “We drop 250 numbered golf balls from a 100 feet height. The ball in the hole or nearest to it is the winner. Tickets can be purchased from our website,” he said.
Woodmont Country Club is located at 7801 NW 80th Ave.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, Coconut Creek Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.03.15BSO Officers Support Special Olympics Florida with 2023 Tip-A-Cop Fundraiser
- News2023.03.14Tamarac Holds Springfest and Egg Hunt
- News2023.03.14A Call for Kindness: GoFundMe Campaign Aims to Get Homeless Man Back on His Feet
- News2023.03.14New Pet Pantry Helps Struggling Pet Owners Keep Their Furry Family Members Fed