By Kevin Deutsch
A 13-year-old boy suffered a partial amputation of fingers on his right hand and facial burns while handling fireworks on July 4, authorities said.
The accident happened around 1 a.m. in the 3200 block of Northwest 12th Place, according to Lauderhill Fire Department Assistant Fire Chief Jerry Gonzalez.
The child was taken to Broward Health Medical Center for treatment and was in recovery after surgery Wednesday morning, Gonzalez said.
Additional details were not immediately available.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsJuly 18, 2023Detectives Search for Serial Thief who Struck 4 Times at North Lauderdale Walmart
- NewsJuly 16, 2023Detectives Search for Missing Tamarac Man
- NewsJuly 5, 2023Lauderhill Boy Suffers Facial Burns, Partial Amputation of Fingers in Fireworks Accident
- NewsJune 30, 2023North Lauderdale Woman Struck by SUV Dies