By Sharon Aron Baron
If you are already an active leader or volunteer and want to hone your skills through a unique program, Leadership Broward is it.
If accepted, participants are offered a behind-the-scenes look at issues affecting Broward County in the areas of government, education, business, media, transportation, criminal justice, history, environment, culture, arts, recreation, and health and community services.
And the nonprofit organization is now accepting applications for Leadership Broward Class XL.
Each year, Leadership Broward selects a diverse group of 60 leaders over 25-years-old to participate in the renowned leadership program.
This 10-month long program draws participants from business, academia, community service organizations, and government agencies across the community.
Participants are given the opportunity to engage in issues that affect Broward County, build a valuable contact network, learn facilitative leadership skills and experience the feeling of making a positive impact in the community through a team community project.
Criteria for selection include holding a current leadership position(s) in a professional and/or civic organization and demonstrating a commitment to improving the community through active volunteerism and service.
Applicants also must live and/or work in Broward County, be at least 25 years of age by August 10, have an interest in learning more about Broward County and community leadership, and commit to full participation in the program, which includes an overnight retreat, monthly full-day program days, community service project and graduation/initiation.
Leadership Broward costs $2,600. Applications are available at leadershipbroward.org. A $100 non-refundable processing fee must accompany the application and can be paid online.
Applicants must also submit two references to email@example.com. All applications and supporting documentation must be submitted online or mailed no later than 5 p.m. on Monday, June 7.
For more information, contact Leadership Broward at 954-767-8866.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.06.17Broward County Public Schools Offer 39 Covid Vaccination Sites for Students 12 and Older
- News2021.06.12University Hospital begins using 3rd Robotic System for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- News2021.06.12Renaissance Charter School in Tamarac Completes Recycle Challenge
- News2021.06.10Tamarac Needs You To Run For Office in 2022