By Agrippina Fadel
The annual Light Up Tamarac Grand Chanukah Celebration is an event not to be missed, with giant LED robots, 9-foot menorah lighting, and complimentary latkes and donuts on the agenda.
Held on Sunday, December 18, at 5.30 p.m. at the Tamarac Recreation Center, the event is free and open to everyone, no matter the affiliation. Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac encourages residents to RSVP so the hosts can better prepare for the celebration.
Rabbi Kopel Silberberg said the event is great fun for all ages.
“Since Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac opened, the annual Chanukah Festival has been one of the highlights of the year and always attracts a nice crowd. The idea behind the event is to celebrate unity and bringing out the light in the darkness,” he added.
Rabbi Silberberg said the kids are sure to enjoy the Great Chanukah Gelt Drop, with hundreds of chocolate coins dropped by firefighters from 25 feet up in the air.
The grand menorah lighting is followed by the 8-foot LED Robot show, photo booth, and crafts for the whole family.
Tamarac Recreation Center is located at 7501 N. University Drive.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- News2023.06.05Strike for a Cause by Joining the 6th Annual Chamber Bowling Tournament in Tamarac
- News2023.06.05Get Your Groove On During Free Jazzercise Class with the Mayor
- News2023.06.04Ticket Alert: Don’t Miss Biana Pinchuk and Don Stansfield Double Show in Tamarac
- News2023.06.04Tamarac Honors Juneteenth: Join A Community Celebration of Freedom