By Agrippina Fadel
The annual Light Up Tamarac Grand Chanukah Celebration is an event not to be missed, with giant LED robots, 9-foot menorah lighting, and complimentary latkes and donuts on the agenda.
Held on Sunday, December 18, at 5.30 p.m. at the Tamarac Recreation Center, the event is free and open to everyone, no matter the affiliation. Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac encourages residents to RSVP so the hosts can better prepare for the celebration.
Rabbi Kopel Silberberg said the event is great fun for all ages.
“Since Chabad Jewish Center of Tamarac opened, the annual Chanukah Festival has been one of the highlights of the year and always attracts a nice crowd. The idea behind the event is to celebrate unity and bringing out the light in the darkness,” he added.
Rabbi Silberberg said the kids are sure to enjoy the Great Chanukah Gelt Drop, with hundreds of chocolate coins dropped by firefighters from 25 feet up in the air.
The grand menorah lighting is followed by the 8-foot LED Robot show, photo booth, and crafts for the whole family.
Tamarac Recreation Center is located at 7501 N. University Drive.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsFebruary 28, 2024Sway to the Reggae Beat with T-Wave at Groove on the Grass Free Concert
- NewsFebruary 27, 2024Unleash the Fun at the Tamarac Pet Expo With Dog Parade, Food Trucks, and More
- NewsFebruary 26, 2024Relive the Magic of John Denver with the ‘Back Home Again’ Tribute at Kings Point Palace
- NewsFebruary 19, 2024Catch Comedian Bobby Collins with Special Guest Shelley Keelor at Kings Point Palace