By: Sharon Aron Baron
BSO arrested a man who claimed he had a bomb outside of a McDonald’s in Tamarac on Monday night.
The incident began around 8:15 p.m. when a man walked into the McDonald’s and told employees he had a bomb in the small suitcase he was carrying. The suitcase appeared to have wires coming out of it that were attached to a cell phone. BSO deputies closed the intersection of Commercial Boulevard and University Drive in Tamarac as well as evacuated the McDonald’s and a nearby Taco Bell, while the BSO’s Bomb Squad determined that there was no bomb inside the suitcase.
Darwin Mingo, 27, will be charged with making a bomb threat and possession of a hoax device. The suitcase only contained clothing, cigarettes and a cell phone.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.03.22FBI Miami Warns of $13 Million ‘Grandparent Scam’ Targeting Seniors
- News2023.03.21The Voice of Romance, Johnny Mathis, Celebrates 67 Years in Music with a Special Performance in Coral Springs
- News2023.03.19Woman Dies 5 Weeks After Multi-Vehicle Crash in North Lauderdale
- News2023.03.18Adopt These Adorable Pets: Onyx and Toes Are Looking for Their Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County