By: Sharon Aron Baron
BSO arrested a man who claimed he had a bomb outside of a McDonald’s in Tamarac on Monday night.
The incident began around 8:15 p.m. when a man walked into the McDonald’s and told employees he had a bomb in the small suitcase he was carrying. The suitcase appeared to have wires coming out of it that were attached to a cell phone. BSO deputies closed the intersection of Commercial Boulevard and University Drive in Tamarac as well as evacuated the McDonald’s and a nearby Taco Bell, while the BSO’s Bomb Squad determined that there was no bomb inside the suitcase.
Darwin Mingo, 27, will be charged with making a bomb threat and possession of a hoax device. The suitcase only contained clothing, cigarettes and a cell phone.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.11.17Broward County Public Schools Choice Application Window Opens December 2
- News2019.11.12Reserve Your Space for a Delicious Vegan “ThanksLiving” Dinner in Tamarac
- News2019.11.10Register Now to be Part of Tamarac University’s Class of 2020
- News2019.11.05City of Tamarac Holds Veterans Day Event November 11