By Kevin Deutsch
A man attempting to cross South State Road 7 in unincorporated North Lauderdale was struck and killed by a car Wednesday, authorities said.
The pedestrian, whose name has not been made public, was crossing midblock in the 1500 block of South State Road 7 around 11:06 p.m. when a northbound 2017 Honda Accord, driven by Sheldon Nelson, 31, of Lauderdale Lakes, crashed into him, according to the Broward Sheriff’s Office.
After the crash, Nelson immediately stopped, remained on the scene, and cooperated with BSO investigators, deputies said. County fire rescue rushed the struck pedestrian to Broward Health Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.
The investigation is ongoing, according to BSO.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.26Tamarac Crime Update: Carjacking and Drug Overdose
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Man Had Sex With Child, Solicited Explicit Photos
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Crime Update: Burglar Uses Rock to Smash Store Window, Steal Merchandise
- News2022.12.10Tamarac Crime Update: Four Vehicles Stripped of Tires, Rims