By Kevin Deutsch
A Tamarac man is accused of sexually assaulting a woman who uses a wheelchair at a gas station Monday, court records show.
Jose Arroyo Rodriguez, 54, of 6704 N.W. 57th Dr., allegedly forced his penis into the victim’s mouth at a Chevron station at 2099 S. State Rd. 7, Fort Lauderdale, around 1:30 a.m., according to an arrest affidavit.
Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to the Chevron and took the victim to the nearby Nancy J. Cotterman Center—the county’s only certified rape crisis center—to be examined for possible evidence, the records state.
Rodriguez, who was seen on the gas station’s surveillance footage attacking the woman, was charged with sexual battery.
He declined to speak with investigators, invoking his right to remain silent, records show.
Rodriguez was booked into the Broward Main Jail and ordered held on a $100,000 bond.
Records show Rodriguez is considered a “career offender” who has served prison time.
According to court documents, he has a long list of felony arrests for charges including aggravated assault, battery, intimidating a witness, burglary, and drug possession.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- NewsNovember 29, 2023Lauderhill Toy Giveaway Aims to Spread Holiday Joy
- NewsNovember 28, 2023Lauderhill Hosts Dive-In Movie: ‘Jingle All the Way’
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Virtual Forum Simplifies Tax Mysteries for Residents and Businesses in Lauderhill
- NewsNovember 26, 2023Free Jazz Event Heads to Lauderhill