By Kevin Deutsch
A Tamarac man is accused of sexually assaulting a woman who uses a wheelchair at a gas station Monday, court records show.
Jose Arroyo Rodriguez, 54, of 6704 N.W. 57th Dr., allegedly forced his penis into the victim’s mouth at a Chevron station at 2099 S. State Rd. 7, Fort Lauderdale, around 1:30 a.m., according to an arrest affidavit.
Broward Sheriff’s Office deputies responded to the Chevron and took the victim to the nearby Nancy J. Cotterman Center—the county’s only certified rape crisis center—to be examined for possible evidence, the records state.
Rodriguez, who was seen on the gas station’s surveillance footage attacking the woman, was charged with sexual battery.
He declined to speak with investigators, invoking his right to remain silent, records show.
Rodriguez was booked into the Broward Main Jail and ordered held on a $100,000 bond.
Records show Rodriguez is considered a “career offender” who has served prison time.
According to court documents, he has a long list of felony arrests for charges including aggravated assault, battery, intimidating a witness, burglary, and drug possession.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk. Don’t miss reading Margate Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk,
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2022.12.26Tamarac Crime Update: Carjacking and Drug Overdose
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Man Had Sex With Child, Solicited Explicit Photos
- News2022.12.18Tamarac Crime Update: Burglar Uses Rock to Smash Store Window, Steal Merchandise
- News2022.12.10Tamarac Crime Update: Four Vehicles Stripped of Tires, Rims