By Kevin Deutsch
Tamarac Fire Rescue is getting a new fire chief.
Interim Fire Chief Michael Annese will officially take command on Thursday, the department announced on its Facebook page.
Annese has been with the department since 1998 and spent 24 years moving through the ranks before reaching the top spot.
“It is an honor to serve the City of Tamarac and the fire department as Fire Chief,” said Annese. “I want to thank the men and women of Tamarac Fire Rescue who work tirelessly every day to keep our community safe. I look forward to continuing the excellent performance and service that Tamarac residents have come to know.”
According to his LinkedIn profile, Annese holds a master’s degree in disaster preparedness and fire executive leadership and is a drummer for The R Train Band, playing rock music “for good causes and entertainment.”
Annese is also the author of The Victory Cycle, a personal development book, according to his profile.
“Congratulations, Chief Annese!” the department said in its online announcement. “We wish you the best in your new position.”
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Kevin Deutsch is an award-winning crime journalist and author. A graduate of Florida International University, Kevin has worked on staff at The Miami Herald, New York Daily News, and The Palm Beach Post.
- News2023.06.04Teen Killed in Tamarac Crash Remembered as ‘Ray of Sunshine’
- News2023.06.02Woman Steals Ambulance in Tamarac, Causes 2 Car Accidents
- News2023.05.31Crash Claims the Life of 18-Year-Old Coral Springs Man: Investigation Underway
- News2023.05.315 People Injured in Tamarac Crash, Taken to Area Hospitals