By Agrippina Fadel
Tamarac celebrates Black History Month with a line-up of local musicians, artists, and entertainers.
This free community event is held at Caporella Park on Saturday, February 26, from 1 to 3 p.m. and is hosted by HOT105 FM radio personality Rodney Baltimore.
Black History Month Celebration includes Delou African Dance Ensemble with a traditional West African dance and drum and music performance, and jazz music by EJ & Company, a popular South Florida band that has worked with various national recording artists.
Local poet Rebecca “Butterfly” Vaughn, a Grammy Award-nominated spoken word artist, will give a live performance. The event will feature cultural art displays – from paintings and headpieces to t-shirts and quilts, created by local artists and students from Dillard High School’s Center for the Arts.
Event parking is located at Christian Life Center at 2699 W. Commercial Blvd, a free shuttle service, will transport attendees to Caporella Park.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Agrippina Fadel grew up in Siberia and received her master's in journalism from Tyumen State University. Agrippina is also a writer and editor at Draftsy.net. She has been a US resident for over ten years and speaks English and Russian.
- NewsNovember 27, 2023Doo-Wop Delight: Don’t Miss a Night of Nostalgia with John Tarangelo at the Kings Point Palace
- NewsNovember 21, 2023Don’t Miss the 43nd Annual Tamarac Turkey Trot
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Register Now for the Kings Point Holiday Expo