By Sharon Aron Baron
The Humane Society of Broward County has some wonderful pets to choose from this week. All adoptions include spaying or neutering, vaccinations, a microchip, treatment for flea and ticks, and much more.
This week we’re featuring Kirby (ID 647931)as one of our Pets of the Week. He is a perfect gentleman, according to the staff. He’s a 2-year-old, 64-pound boy who the staff and volunteers say is just the sweetest and most well-mannered fellow.
While we don’t know a lot about Kirby’s past, as he was transferred from another shelter, The Humane Society does know he is sweet, loves to be with people, and has a smile that will melt some new owner’s heart.
Kirby is heartworm positive. Heartworms are not contagious to people or other pets and are caused by the bite of an infected mosquito. The shelter will cover the cost of the treatment. His new family must be willing to bring him back as an out-patient. Adopting Kirby might be the best thing you do this week, so stop by to meet him to see how great he truly is.
Adorable Alaska (ID 647624) is just 14-weeks-old and would love to be part of a family. He, along with his sister Tokyo, is curious, playful, and full of kitten energy. Adopt the pair, and they will keep you entertained for hours. Hopefully, they will play endlessly during the day and let you sleep through the night.
They are just two of the many felines looking for a forever home this week.
If you would like to meet a pet at the Humane Society of Broward County, please fill out a pre-adoption application on www.humanebroward.com. After completing it, stop by the Humane Society of Broward County. The shelter opens daily at 11 a.m.
If you have questions, call the Broward County Humane Society at 954-989-3977 ext. 6. Adoptions are $300 for puppies five months and younger, $150 for dogs six months and older, $100 for kittens five months and younger, and $40 for cats six months and older (Adopt one, get one free).
Located at 2070 Griffin Rd, in Fort Lauderdale.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsDecember 1, 2023Broward County Schools Opens 2024/25 School Choice Options
- NewsNovember 19, 2023Talk Media Named 2023 Finalist by the Florida Press Club
- NewsNovember 16, 2023Tamarac Launches Campaign to Become Autism Friendly, Enhancing Inclusivity
- NewsNovember 14, 2023Dog Rescued from Tamarac Dumpster Now Safe with Foster Family