By Sharon Aron Baron
The jackpot for Wednesday night’s Powerball drawing has increased to an estimated $700 million.
According to the Florida Lottery Commission, the Powerball jackpot has rolled 34 times since the August 6, 2022, drawing, generating more than $37.3 million in contributions to the state’s Educational Enhancement Trust Fund.
Jackpot winners can receive their winnings in 30 annual installments or as a one-time, lump-sum cash option of approximately $335.7 million. In addition to the jackpot, players have the chance to win non-jackpot prizes ranging from $4 to $2 million by matching other number combinations.
Powerball jackpots start at $20 million and roll until the jackpot is won. Players win by matching the five white ball numbers (1-69) and the Power Ball number (1-26). The overall odds of winning a prize in the game are approximately 1-in-24.87.
Players can purchase tickets at any of the more than 13,000 Lottery retailers across the state for the chance to become Florida’s newest multi-millionaire.
Players are reminded to sign the back of their tickets at the time of purchase and keep them in a safe place. The integrity of all games is of utmost importance to the Florida Lottery. As always, the Florida Lottery reminds all players to play responsibly and remember that it only takes one ticket to win.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsSeptember 27, 2023Tamarac’s Semi-Annual City-Wide Garage Sale Returns Oct 7
- NewsSeptember 23, 2023Grace and Kona Need Forever Homes at the Humane Society of Broward County
- NewsSeptember 14, 2023Broward Gym-goers Go From From Cardio to Car-Theft
- NewsSeptember 13, 2023Furry Friends Buttons and Ginger Bear Need Forever Homes