By Sharon Aron Baron
On January 22, more than 100 registered golfers gathered together to tee off during the PuroClean Golf Classic, raising over $13,000 to support the Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce’s efforts.
In a socially-distanced course setup at the Woodmont Country Club, the annual golf tournament led by title sponsor and Tamarac-based company, PuroClean, provides essential partnerships like educational programs and guidance to members amid the pandemic.
“This year’s golf tournament speaks to the true testament of The PuroClean Way, answering the call to serve during times of need,” said Steve White, President, and Chief Operating Officer. “As we strive to live up to a world-class brand every day, it is important for us to aid and support our communities, especially during the most unprecedented challenges that small business owners face.”
This year’s winning team from ADP Payroll Services was Santiago Lago, Gus Camacho, Luis Gurrieres, and Ryan O’Donnell.
The PuroClean Classic provides funding for small businesses, the City of Tamarac’s Parks & Recreation Foundation, and financial assistance to families in need and special needs playground equipment.
With 140 players, 23 sponsors, 36 raffle silent auction prizes, and eight committee members, it all came together to produce a special day, said Peter Mason, Chamber Executive Director of the Chamber.
“It was a magnificent day with great causes that not even COVID-19 could stop,” he said.
Got News? Send it to Tamarac Talk.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- NewsFebruary 18, 2024J.P. Taravella Drama Club Hosts Community Yard Sale and Craft Show on February 24
- NewsFebruary 16, 2024Detectives Search for Tamarac Man Missing Since Early January
- NewsFebruary 15, 2024“You’re a Fraud”: Tamarac Commissioner Blasts Website Tied to Marlon Bolton
- NewsFebruary 12, 2024Free Boot Camp Held to Boost Students’ Federal Aid Applications