Tamarac Residents are asked by the Broward Sheriff’s Office to beware of scammers posing as city officials in order to gain access to their home to commit robberies.
On Thursday afternoon an elderly Tamarac resident allowed two people posing as “City of Tamarac” employees into their residence to “test the water”. Once inside the suspect’s removed jewelry from the victim’s bedroom.
If anyone comes to your front door posing as any utility worker, or any other person whom you are not expecting, do not open the door. However, always acknowledge that someone is home. Get a description of the person and then call 911. Let a BSO deputy verify who they say they are.
For more information please call the Tamarac Crime Prevention Unit at 954.720.2225.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2020.02.28Join South Florida’s Largest Dog Walk for the Humane Society of Broward County March 7
- News2020.02.28Coastal Championship Wrestling Returns to Coral Springs with ‘Sweet 16’ Event
- News2020.02.27Tamarac Holds Annual Bike Event to Learn Safety on the Streets
- News2020.02.271 Victim Dead After Car Found Submerged in Tamarac Canal