Tamarac Residents are asked by the Broward Sheriff’s Office to beware of scammers posing as city officials in order to gain access to their home to commit robberies.
On Thursday afternoon an elderly Tamarac resident allowed two people posing as “City of Tamarac” employees into their residence to “test the water”. Once inside the suspect’s removed jewelry from the victim’s bedroom.
If anyone comes to your front door posing as any utility worker, or any other person whom you are not expecting, do not open the door. However, always acknowledge that someone is home. Get a description of the person and then call 911. Let a BSO deputy verify who they say they are.
For more information please call the Tamarac Crime Prevention Unit at 954.720.2225.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2023.06.08Celebrating Excellence: Meet Our Local Valedictorians and Salutatorians for 2023
- News2023.05.31Temple Beth Torah Sha’aray Tzedek Holds Shabbat Services in Spanish, Hebrew and English
- News2023.05.27Planet Fitness Launches High School Summer Pass Program to Combat Teen Obesity and Boost Mental Health
- News2023.05.26Joint Tactical Training Exercise to Commence in Broward County