Tamarac Residents are asked by the Broward Sheriff’s Office to beware of scammers posing as city officials in order to gain access to their home to commit robberies.
On Thursday afternoon an elderly Tamarac resident allowed two people posing as “City of Tamarac” employees into their residence to “test the water”. Once inside the suspect’s removed jewelry from the victim’s bedroom.
If anyone comes to your front door posing as any utility worker, or any other person whom you are not expecting, do not open the door. However, always acknowledge that someone is home. Get a description of the person and then call 911. Let a BSO deputy verify who they say they are.
For more information please call the Tamarac Crime Prevention Unit at 954.720.2225.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.09.14Broward County Schools Participates in ‘Dads Take Your Child to School Day’
- News2021.09.09Local Filmmaker Holds Screening of ‘I Wanna Be A Criminal’ in Tamarac
- News2021.09.07Broward County Public Schools Hiring Bus Drivers for 2021-22 School Year
- News2021.09.01Reserve Your Space at the Next City-Wide Garage Sale