By: Sharon Aron Baron
Even though she thought she did the right thing by locking her car doors, it only took a minute for the opportunistic thief to steal her purse while she went to pick up her kids at a childcare center.
Just before 7 p.m. on April 5, an unidentified male approached the victim’s car outside the Broadview Children’s Center in North Lauderdale at 1880 S.W. 62 Ave. The thief drove a dark blue or black four-door sedan, possibly a Honda Civic, and pulled up alongside the mom’s car. He peeped inside and smashed the rear passenger side window. Within minutes he had reached in and grabbed the victim’s purse from the front seat.
Detectives are asking the public to help identify the thief captured by security cameras. Anyone with information is asked to call Detective Justin Panza at 954-720-2250. Reports can also be made anonymously to Broward Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS (8477) or online at browardcrimestoppers.org. Crime Stoppers will pay up to $3,000 for the tip that leads to an arrest.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2021.04.19Volunteers Needed at Free Food Distribution at Chabad of Coral Springs
- News2021.04.18Reported Altercation in Tamarac Leaves 1 Dead
- News2021.04.17Woman Scammed out of $200K on Dating Site in Tamarac Crime Updates
- News2021.04.16President, Governor, Directs Flags at Half-Staff in Honor of Indianapolis Victims on April 20