By: Sharon Aron Baron
One man decided to celebrate surviving Hurricane Irma with a joyride in a fire rescue truck and was arrested as a result.
Eric Michael Blaise, 32, let alcohol do his thinking on Wednesday night when he decided to climb into the driver’s seat of a Tamarac Fire Rescue fire truck attempting to drive it away while the firefighters were busy on a call.
The crew was out before sunrise on a medical call when a Tamarac Fire Rescue Lieutenant heard the trucks air brakes release and saw someone inside of the vehicle. When Blaise could not figure out how to get the truck into gear, he fled the vehicle on foot.
Blaise was positively identified, and a vest on him was identified as having come from the rescue truck.
He was arrested and now faces charges for grand theft of emergency medical equipment and petit theft.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk, and Parkland Talk. Tamarac Talk was created in 2011 to provide News for the residents of Tamarac and is the #1 News Source for Residents.
- News2022.12.072022 PuroClean Classic Golf Tournament Held Dec. 9
- News2022.12.06Santa Makes a Special Appearance at Rudolph’s Winter Wonderland Dec. 9
- News2022.12.04Sawgrass Nature Center Invites Kids to ‘Camp Wild’ for Winter Break
- News2022.12.01Talk Media Named 2022 Finalist by the Florida Press Club