By: Sharon Aron Baron
One man decided to celebrate surviving Hurricane Irma with a joyride in a fire rescue truck and was arrested as a result.
Eric Michael Blaise, 32, let alcohol do his thinking on Wednesday night when he decided to climb into the driver’s seat of a Tamarac Fire Rescue fire truck attempting to drive it away while the firefighters were busy on a call.
The crew was out before sunrise on a medical call when a Tamarac Fire Rescue Lieutenant heard the trucks air brakes release and saw someone inside of the vehicle. When Blaise could not figure out how to get the truck into gear, he fled the vehicle on foot.
Blaise was positively identified, and a vest on him was identified as having come from the rescue truck.
He was arrested and now faces charges for grand theft of emergency medical equipment and petit theft.
- Sharon Aron Baron is the Editor of Talk Media and writer for Tamarac Talk, Coral Springs Talk and Parkland Talk.
Tamarac Talk was created in 2010 to provide News, Views and Entertainment for the residents of Tamarac.
- News2019.10.16Tamarac Holds Huge Halloween Hoopla October 25
- News2019.10.16School Board Member Holds Meet and Greet October 24
- Crime & Safety2019.10.16Police Search for Suspects Who Drugged and Robbed a Man at Hard Rock Casino
- News2019.10.15Tamarac North Lauderdale Chamber of Commerce will host its 5th Annual Golf Tournament